An Ad for Miss Utah US International 2016 featured in the Miss US International 2016 magazine.
Creating the ultimate James Bond themed party for adults on a budget can be simple and easy, it just takes a few decorations, props, and great friends.
This year for New Years my friends and I created the ULTIMATE James Bond Themed 007 New Years party that turned out extremely fun, and it was not even that expensive to create!
1) How to Setup your Photo Booth
For our photo booth, we used two different setups. With one setup we used gold shiny fabric from Wal Mart for our backdrop, this was inexpensive and looked great! We secured the material to the wall with thumbtacks. With the other setup, we used two of Zurcher’s red metallic table covers and lined the wall with them, and then put awesome decorations on top!
2) What Decorations to Buy
For the decorations on the photo booth, and for decorations around the house, we bought a few pack of foil star cutouts from Zurchers, in both gold and silver, and bought 16″ gold number balloons to create the “007” in the background (keep in mind these balloons cannot be filled with helium, so we blew them up with air and taped them to our backdrop). We also got about 10 gold balloons, and 10 black balloons and blew them up with helium.
3) What Photo Booth Props to Get
For photo booth props, we used fun cone party hats, a felt top hat, and feather hats all from Zurchers, glitter, and a couple of toy guns that we got from the grocery store to add more of a 007 feel. These were great props that everyone had a fun time with!
4) What Beverages to Get
We wanted the party to have some great drinks, so we got supplies to make jungle juice! Others I have seen have made martinis, or simple virgin drinks if you do not drink alcohol!
What to Wear
I wore a gold cocktail dress from Sherri Hill, and a lot of other girls wore sparkly sequin dresses as well. We told the men to dress up in a nice button up shirt, tie (bow-tie preferably) and nice dress pants. The more dressed up, the better!
Feel free to comment your best James Bond party find or tip!!!
Hair painting and balayage highlights, where do I begin? They are the new hair coloring style that I am obsessed with, so let me share with you my hair painting wisdom.
Little did I know, when I found her on Instagram, all of my favorite hair photos of her clients were using a “hair painting” technique, something I have seen a ton but I never knew the name for the style. Thank you Britny for your amazing hair painting, and for sharing your balayage highlighting wisdom!
I wanted to share with you an intro to hair painting, and some things you should know about the technique before you decide to get it done on your hair!
What is Hair Painting?
Hair painting, or balayage highlights, is a sun-kissed natural looking hair color technique with softer, less noticeable regrowth lines. Think of the look as someone getting highlights by sitting and laying out in the sun.
As Britny explained, a lot of people are nervous about hair painting because they are used to having their hair in a bunch of foil.
What are the Costs?
The initial cost of hair painting is more expensive than foil because there is a very specific technique that goes into it, but in the long run you do not have to get your hair done as much.
Can I Do it Myself?
As Britny was doing my hair, I realized how easy it would have been for someone with little experience to make this look come out extremely bad. Hair painting is not something that you should do on your own. Not everyone knows how to hair paint and it takes a lot of training and mastering techniques to do it correctly.
Where do I find a Stylist that Specializes in Hair Painting/Balayage?
Britny suggested that people always find a hairdresser on Instagram. This way you can look at their portfolio and what they have done. And this fits perfectly with where I found her to do my hair… on Instagram! Instagram is really a great tool to find someone that fits your style.
I hope you enjoyed this quick hair painting guide! Feel free to add your thoughts/tips/comments below!
This blog is a compilation of some great makeup tricks that most pageant girls will agree on, but that many women might not know about right off the bat.
Chloe Bennett (Miss Utah Teen USA 2013), was gracious enough to come and give me and amazing makeover and some awesome tips for creating the most photogenic makeup look for my pageant headshots.
Here are 7 makeup tricks that you will LOVE! Perfect for creating a great portrait shot or for pageant headshots!
(1) Highlight Under the Eyes
For this trick, use a light color foundation, concealer, or highlighter to highlight right under your eyes in almost an upside down triangle towards the bottom of your nose. The Perfect Face carries a great concealer/highlighter for under the eye contouring.
(2) Highlight Down the Nose
Another great trick using the same highlighter or foundation, is to highlight down the bridge of your nose in a light foundation color. This will bring out a great outline of your nose, and if you use a darker color on the sides, can create the illusion that your nose is very small!
(3) Use a Drop of Blue Eyeshadow on your Waterline
For this trick, grab a bright blue or green eyeshadow color, and put a dab of it right under your iris on your waterline. This will bring out the color in your eyes and make it more pronounced.
(4) Put Eyeliner on your Top Waterline
One trick that really makes your eyes look flawless is to add eyeliner to your top waterline, in whatever color you are lining your eyes with. When Chloe did my makeup, she used black eyeliner, and added this to my top waterline as well. This makes a more dramatic look.
(5) Get Luscious Lips with Angelia Layton’s Lipstick Trick
One of my favorite ways to do my lips is in Angelia Layton’s Soft Glam video. She lines her lips with a dark liner, then does an ombre effect with a lighter liner in the middle, then puts lip stain on top of the combination, adds some lipstick and some lip gloss, and creates the most perfect lips for headshots.
(6) Set Your Eyeshadow
Another trick I learned from Chloe was to set your eyeshadow first, before you do your eye makeup. If you use an eyeshadow primer, and then a powder over the top of it, it will help the eyeshadow to last longer and to not move from its position on your eyes.
(7) Do Your Foundation After your Eyeshadow
To get a flawless foundation look, try applying your foundation after you finish your eyeshadow. This way, if you accidentally mess up on your eyeshadow and it goes out of bounds from where you want it to be, or you get eyeshadow powder below your eyes, you can easily clean up the look by putting foundation over the blemishes.
Thank you Chloe for an amazing makeover, I had so much fun! And thanks for your awesome tips as well!
Lip stains are some of my favorite products for doing my lips. Couple a great lip stain with a beautiful colored lipstick on top, and you have a great solution to keeping your lips looking great all day long.
Here are some of my favorite lip stains, feel free to add yours in the comments below!
- Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain (this one most people absolutely rave about, so I could stop the list right here and tell you to go BUY IT! They don’t try your lips and have a beautiful selection of colors. Out of this whole list, I would recommend this one as the best.)
- Sephora’s Lip Cream Stains
- Beaute Liqui-Gel Stains (you could go with one of their summer colors: Fluoron or Neon!)
- Guerlain Rouge G (this one is moisturizing and long-lasting)
- Jordana Twist n Shine Balm Crayon (a drugstore brand, so it will be cheaper, and you should try the Terra Crave, this becomes a rosy coral shade)
- Le Metier de Beaute Color Core Stain
- L’Orael’s Glam Shine Stains (if you want a drugstore brand, this one gets great)
- Benefit Poisetint Cheek and Lip Stain
- NYC Smooch Proof Liquid Lip Stain (with a Doe Foot Applicator)
- Revlon Kissable Stain/Balm
- Vincent Longo Lip and Cheek Gel Stain
- Too Faced Liquified Long Wear Lippies
And that concludes my list! Feel free to add if you feel I missed anything in the comments below!
We had such a great time in Moab, Utah this past weekend! Here are some of the pictures that just captured the moment so well.
Our time at the Mill Creek Water Hole in Moab sitting on a small waterfall :
The beautiful cabin our good friend graciously let us stay at:
Exploring the abandoned Mines in Moab (which we really were not supposed to be doing):
A romper or jumpsuit is part of one trendy outfit that is perfect for any summer occasion. Dress it down and wear a bright one with sandals, or put on some tights, heels, and wear it out on the town with your girls. Here are our top 25 trendy rompers and jumpsuits just in time for summer.
- The Rose Print Cami Romper for $17.90 available at Forever 21
- The Desert Wanderer Playsuit by Spell & the Gypsy Collective available on Revolve Clothing for $190.
- The Gianni Bini Erynn Floral-Print Romper available at Dillards for $109.
- The Vix Solid Red Kate Jumpsuit Cover-Up by Vix available on Zappos for $176.
- The Minkpink Secret Garden Romper available at Shopbop for $79.
- The Lanston Halter Jumpsuit available at Shopbop for $158.
- The Boho Romper by Blue Life available at Revolve Clothing for $154.
- The Fabulous Plunging Neckline Crossover Romper by OASAP available at OASAP for $17.90.
- The Bohemian Night Romper by Piace Boutique available at Piace Boutique for $49.99.
- The Floral Long Sleeve Playsuit Romper by Fashion Struck available at Store Envy for $34.99.
- The Sultry Romper in Black by Necessary Clothing available at Necessary Clothing for $39.99.
- The X Revolve Monday to Friday Romper by Loves + Friends available at Revolve Clothing for $165.
- The Motel Suri Romper by Urban Outfitters available at Urban Outfitters for $85.
- The Outsiders Scarf Print Romper with Tie Waist by Somedays Lovin available on Asos for $105.
- The Sophie Floral Lace Trim Strappy Romper Nude by Missguided available at Missguided for $16.
- The Tahlia Romper by Free People available at Free People for $98.
- The Triple Layer Jumpsuit by Bebe available at Bebe for $139.
- The Split-Sleeve Tropical-Print Romper by Thalia Sodi available at Macy’s for $79.99.
- The Chic “Autumn Leaves” Flower Print Romper by Glamzelle available at Glamzelle for $59.
- The Ivory Sultry and Striped Chiffon Jumper by Windsor available at Windsor for $46.90.
- The It’s a Kind of Magic Peach Romper by Lulu’s available at Lulu’s for $55.
- The Evoke Playsuit by Sabo Skirt available at Sabo Skirt for $68.
- The 1970s Vintage Inspired Floral Romper by Paper Hearts available at Shop Hearts for $58.
- The Indian Summer Playsuit by Spell & the Gypsy Collective available at Revolve Clothing for $218.
- The Favorite Floral Surplice Romper by Cupshe available at Cupshe for $20.99.
Grab a romper, playsuit, or jumpsuit, grab your girls, and go out on the town. These are my absolute favorite rompers of all time!
Fashionably late is not so fashionable anymore, that is, unless you have one of these super-chic, fashionable watches to show off once you get in the door.
Make a memorable moment to being fashionably late and have everyone’s jaws drop when you come into work wearing one of these killer fashionable watches.
- Olivia Burton’s “Time Floats By Watch” in Rose Gold/Cocoa-Grande available at ModCloth for $144.99. Buy it here.
- The Horse’s “Matte Black / Vegetable Tan Leather” available at The Horse for $129.00. Buy it here.
- Kate Spade’s “Gramercy Grand Chronograph” available at Nordstrom for $250. Buy it here.
- Poketo’s “Classic Tortoiseshell Watch” available at Poteko for $178. Buy it here.
- Marc Jacobs’ “Fergus Strap 38MM” watch available at Marc Jacobs for $255. Buy it here.
- Nasty Gal’s “Komono Estelle Watch” in Iridescent available at Nasty Gal for $95. Buy it here.
- May 28th’s “3:50PM” watch available at May 28th for $39. Buy it here.
- Shinola Detroit “The Gomelsky 36mm” watch available at Nordstrom for $650. Buy it here.
- Cartier’s “Tank Solo” watch available on Cartier for $2,410. Buy it here.
- J. Crew’s “Mougin & Piquard for J. Crew Grande Second Watch in Cream” available at J. Crew for $425. Buy it here.
- Olivia Burton’s “Big Dial Navy Leather Strap Watch” available on Asos for $135.92. Buy it here.
- ASOS “Hamsa Hand Silicone Watch” available on ASOS for $39.87. Buy it here.
- Tokyo Bay Inc’s “Dopio Pastels” watch available at Tokyo Bay Inc for $95. Buy it here.
- Michael Kors “Skylar Rose Gold-Tone Watch” available at the Watchery for $239.99 Buy it here.
- Burberry’s “The City Chronograph” in yellow gold available on Burberry for $895. Buy it here.
- Shore Projects’ “Salcombe” watch in rose gold available at Shore Projects for $205. Buy it here.
- Nixon’s “Kensington” watch in rose gold available on Nixon for $175. Buy it here.
- Daniel Wellington’s “Classic York Lady” watch available at Daniel Wellington for $199. Buy it here.
- Francesca’s “Sri Lanka Printed Watch” available on Francesca’s. Buy it here.
- Kate Spade’s “New York Watch, Women’s Metro Black Leather Strap” available at Macy’s for $175. Buy it here.
- Michael Kors “Women’s Parker Crystal Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch” watch available at World of Watches for $149. Buy it here.
- Coach’s “Women’s Tristen White Leather Quartz Watch” available on Overstock for $179. Buy it here.
- Timex’s “Women’s Cavatina Black Leather Strap Watch” available on Overstock for $28.49. Buy it here.
- Betsey Johnson’s “Rose Gold Bling Bling Time Boyfriend Watch” available on Dillard’s for $69. Buy it here.
- Mondaine’s “Simply Elegant White Dial Red Leather Ladies Watch” available on Jomashop for #179. Buy it here.
Found other killer cute fashionable watches you want to add to the list? Comment below with your find!
I can’t tell you how many pageant walking videos I have watched, and saved, and watched again. So here are my top 10 pageant walking tutorial videos, and then a link to the rest of the 23 videos that I think helped me with my pageant walk!
And for the rest of my awesome list, look at my youtube list for pageant walking tutorials.
Have another great video? Comment below!